Howard Johnson's Restaurant was located at Medford's Wellington
Circle for over 60 years! When Larry Cultrera sent these photos,
he recounted that the original circa 1937 restaurant, which had
remained nearly unaltered until 1970 when the entrance/cupola and
dormers were removed, was destroyed by fire in 1977 or 1978, and
his color photographs are of the original building's replacement.
an unusual design, the building seen here was relatively recent,
having been constructed in the late 1970s. Larry wrote that this
HoJo's closed its doors forever on December 31, 1998, and was replaced
with a CVS pharmacy.