Photo August 2004: Phil Edwards
St. Louis, MO (Creve Coeur) 
 --611 N Lindbergh

Opened in 1955, Creve Coeur may have once been a part of the Giessow family's St. Louis area Howard Johnson's (see Kirkwood and Richmond Heights).

Creve Coeur's last days as a HoJo's were apparently during 1976. By the early 2000s it was a unit of the K. C. Masterpiece Bar and Grill chain. However the KC Masterpiece concept never took off and the former HJ became Watercolors Cafe during 2004.

Left: Although the Restaurant has been considerably altered over the years, several original details survived. The stone facade was likely from the building's HoJo's days, but probably added during a 1960's renovation.

Photos ca. 2000s: Scott Sargent
Photos August 2004: Phil Edwards
Above & Right: Remnants of both decorative concrete block wing walls remained--vestiges of 1950s design!

The purpose of this site is informational. It is neither commercial nor representative of any brand, company, or business. Trade names, trademarks, etc. that are depicted remain the property of their respective owners. Please contact this site's owner prior to reproducing any part of it. Works from contributors (includes photographs, ephemera, etc.) must not be reproduced without their explicit consent.