early classic Nims-type, the Harrisonburg stand-alone Restaurant
opened in 1954 and was owned or managed by George Conrad. Relatively
short-lived. the restaurant ceased being a Howard Johnson's in about
1966, and prior to closure it was only open seasonally from April
building itself managed to survive, but in altered form. It was
operating as Lloyd's Steak House in 1998, but during the early 2000s
had become a Mexican eatery sans the rooster weathervane.